SiComponents Scheduling Agent is a VCL wrapper for Microsoft Task Scheduler API. The core component TTaskScheduler and supporting classes will enable your RAD Studio, Delphi or C++Builder application to:
- Enumerate all tasks on a target computer.
- Create new scheduled tasks and delete existing.
- Schedule a task to run at a specific time or when a specific event occurs.
- Change the schedule for a task.
- Modify other settings for a task, for example, application name, parameter string, working directory, etc.
- Run immediately or stop a running task.
- TTaskPropertiesDialog implements the standard properties dialog for a task item. The component provides the number of properties that will help to customize the dialog behavior and appearance.
Full support for Windows Vista Task Scheduler 2 provides you the ability to forget about porting your code to new interface. Scheduling Agent will automatically work with Vista Task Scheduler when your applications run on Windows Vista or later.
Supported IDEs: RAD Studio- all versions; Delphi 5 and later; C++ Builder 5 and later.
The main advantage of using SiComponents Scheduling Agent is that most of the work on the task maintenance and launching is performed by the operating system. That is, if you want your application to run within scheduled times you do not need to put a timer into the application and make it resident. Add the Scheduling Agent to your project and Windows will launch your program just-in-time, with the parameters and custom data you have provided. Detailed demo project will guide you through all the features and will show you how to perform the most used actions you would need.
You can view what’s new in current version and full version history at this page.