Bug with Paste operation in Internal editor

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
MainSoft

Bug with Paste operation in Internal editor

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

Assuming I have an SIL file opened in the external editor. I want to copy and paste some strings from this SIL file into the internal editor.

I click on the source cell in the external editor and hit Ctrl-C to copy its contents. Then I switch to the internal editor, click on the target cell and hit Ctrl-V in order to paste the copied string.

Very often (that is, about 30% of the time), the copied string is not copied into the selected target cell but into another cell (above, below, next left, next right,...). It's never more than two rows or columns away from the selected target cell. So the text is overwritten in the wrong cell and since there's no undo capability for this operation, this generates a lot of trouble.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Re: Bug with Paste operation in Internal editor

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

Strangely enough, it seems that the problem is occuring more and more often. Now I have to hit Ctrl-C twice in order to get the contents of a cell copied to the clipboard. When I click on another cell and hit Ctrl-V to paste, the text is pasted to a random cell.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We're still trying to find the reason for that, unfortunately, with no luck yet :(
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:We're still trying to find the reason for that, unfortunately, with no luck yet :(
OK. If you can at least reproduce, this is a good point.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Fortunately, :) we've found the origin of problem and it is very strange for us (calling of edit actions was the reason to call the OnPopup method of grid's pop-up menu). The fix will be available in next update. To apply it on your site you can make the following changes in siTransEditor:
1. Locate

Code: Select all

procedure TsiTransEditFrm.popGridPopup(Sender: TObject);
2. Add the following code at the very beginning of it:

Code: Select all

if not (Sender is TPopupMenu) then Exit;
3. Re-build the package.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

Thanks for the fix. I applied it and I'll tell you whether the problem re-appears.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr