Translating many forms at runtime.

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
mahesha

Translating many forms at runtime.

Post by mahesha »

Hey there!

I have an application with hundreds of forms, frames and dialogs in it.
I have to implement run-time translations, as per end-users choice:

1. Is there any way to translate strings of more than one forms at run-time, and save it to single sil / sib file, that can be used across the organization.

2. At many places, the caption texts may be same; but the context would be different. Is there any way to make the translator understand which component he is translating?

3. Is there any 'Translator' exe available which fulfills above 2 requirements.

Thanks in advance.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

It looks like article at http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/creatin ... users.html describes exactly what you need. Using this method among with SIL Editor (which includes the feature to add comments to translations) you can succeed in your task.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mahesha

Post by mahesha »

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply.
I have gone through the article already. But,
I have to implement run-time translations, as per end-users choice:
As I have told, I am not going to translate the strings.
I will build and give the application, so that the client will translate at his end, at his time.

He should be
1. Able to add / edit translations and share the SIB files with his colleagues.

2. Able to know which component he is translating during the translation work.

As he is not a tech-aware person, I should give him an easy-way to achieve this.
Can you please share the test application / sample code if you have, which has these 2 features.
~
Mahesha E
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The article describes the method to provide a way for end-users to translate your applications without your help.
All what you need is:
1. Create the SIB file from your application (use TsiLang Expert menu File | Save Project)
2. Implement the SIB loading at run-time in your application in order your end-user could see the changes he/she implemented in translations.
3. Add the necessary comments to SIB file using SIL Editor.
4. Send SIL Editor, SIB file and comments file to your end user. SIL Editor could be freely re-distributed as well as Dictionary Manager. So you provide your end-users with easy-to-use editor.

If I misunderstood you please clarify.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mahesha

Post by mahesha »

Hi Team, Many thanks for the concern, and quick reply.
I can add descriptive comment against each objects.
It convinced me for some extent.

I have a new problem now.
If I have the same caption hundreds of times in my SIB file (eg: "OK" button for different dialogs), can I automatically add same translation throughout the file, or I need to enter translations every single time?

Please help me to get the answer.

Thanks in advance.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Under Dictionary menu in SIL Editor you may fine several features allowing you to add existing translations to dictionary; find translations for existing terms, automatically translate selected language as well as automatically translate everything using dictionary. So once you filled you dictionary or use the default one provided with installation you can automate most of the work.
You can also download the Users Guide from http://www.tsilang.com/download.html where you can find this described as well as many other useful tips and tricks.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mahesha

Post by mahesha »

Hi Team,
It is convincing me. Looks great.
Thanks for the help and guidance.

Regards