Exception EConvertError in module sicmplr.dll at 000079FF

This forum designated to discuss the Resource Builder
Post Reply
NSanderson
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Exception EConvertError in module sicmplr.dll at 000079FF

Post by NSanderson »

With the arrival of version 3.0.0.5 of Resource Builder, there appears to be a new problem when converting from a .RC file to a .RES file.

It fails and displays the following message:
'Exception EConvertError in module sicmplr.dll at 000079FF'.

Can this be investigated please? Interestingly, Visual C++ 6.0 handles the conversion without problems as did Resource Builder v2.6 that we trialled.

Many thanks,

Neil Sanderson
Resouce Builder 3.0.0.5

isiticov
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:17 pm

Post by isiticov »

Could you please send us RC file that reproduces this problem?

P.S. There is already 3.0.0.7 available. You can just use File | Update menu item to update.
Best regards,
Igor Sitikov.

NSanderson
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Exception EConvertError in module sicmplr.dll at 000079FF

Post by NSanderson »

Hi Igor,

I can't see a way of attaching the file 'as is' but this is the contents of one of the files:

#define S1_AMOUNT 1
#define S2_PLEASE_ENTER_AMOUNT 2
#define S3_TRANSACTION_NUMBER 3

STRINGTABLE
LANGUAGE 0x09,0x01 // English USA
{
S1_AMOUNT, "Amount ("
S2_PLEASE_ENTER_AMOUNT, "Please enter amount tendered:"
S3_TRANSACTION_NUMBER, "Transaction number:"
}

And that's it! Loads fine as a .RC file but fails with the error when trying to 'Save As...' a .RES file.

We're trying to convert some VB6 code to support multiple languages and so we have a utility (written in VC++ 6.0) that trawls through our code and extracts the strings, dropping them into the .rc file which we edit and convert with resource builder to get a VB compliant .res file.

As I said, RB 2.6 that we had on trial before buying the full v3 used to translate these files OK but 3 fails.

Cheers,

Neil Sanderson.

NSanderson
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:27 pm

Exception EConvertError in module sicmplr.dll at 000079FF

Post by NSanderson »

Hi Igor,

I've eventually managed to update to version 3.0.0.7.

Still does the same though.

Neil Sanderson.

isiticov
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:17 pm

Post by isiticov »

Hi Neil,

Yes, thank you for reporting this. We've found a problem and preparing updated version now.
Best regards,
Igor Sitikov.

isiticov
Site Admin
Posts: 2213
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:17 pm

Post by isiticov »

There is 3.0.0.8 build just uploaded. It shall fix this issue as well as issue with re-ordering of #defines.
Best regards,
Igor Sitikov.

Post Reply