Google play console does not detect TsiLang localizations?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
albsp15

Google play console does not detect TsiLang localizations?

Post by albsp15 »

Hello;

I've built a short app in 3 languages (English, Spanish, French), and the TsiLang component works great on translating in real time the app strings and labels.

However, when uploading the app into google play console, the apk details shown are: "Localizations: Default language only" while I expected something like Localizations: EN, ES, FR, so the app is ranked higher when search are made in any of those 3 languages.

Can the TsiLang component be configured on a way so the apk localizations are identified correctly by google play console?

Thanks!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
Thank you for your message. We assume Google Play Store uses “res� folder content to “detect� supported languages by application assuming all application resources stored there. Although RAD Studio uses different approach and all resources are built-in into application itself. May be manually adding “values-XX� (where XX is language abbreviation) folders to deploy package with some dummy content xml files (at least strings.xml) will resolve this situation. But we don’t know the solution for this currently.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
CJ

Post by CJ »

Any update on this topic?

I'm having the same issue, actually the same issue in all platforms when I deploy to any of the stores:
* iOS Store
* MacOS Store
* Google Play Store
* Microsoft Store
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Applications built with RAD Studio still don't support this feature. :(
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.