TSiLangRT and project with multiple forms

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
krundt

TSiLangRT and project with multiple forms

Post by krundt »

Hi!
I have a VCL project with multiple forms. On the main form I have one TSiLangRT and one TsiLangDispatcher. On the other forms I have TsiLangLinked. On the main form I have a button to edit the translations, saved in a SIL file. I used the Wizard to save properties of all forms in this file and using SILEditor I can indeed edit all forms. So far so good. However, when I activate [TSiLangRT.]EditAll (siLangRT_MainForm.EditAll) I can only edit the data for MainForm, not for any of the other forms. What am I missing? (There is no EditAll for TsiLangLinked so I cannot get to the other forms in this way.)

Sorry if this is a trivial question but I am new to your product. BTW: Great product, overall! Thanks for it. I have used the regular TsiLang in a FMX project and was very pleased with it.

Kenneth
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: TSiLangRT and project with multiple forms

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

TsiLangRT is able to edit translations ONLY for it's form. If you wish to edit translations for the whole SIL file you can change TsiLangRT to TsiLangRTSE (this could be done in TsiLang Expert as well)
2021-12-02_12-32-41.png
2021-12-02_12-32-41.png (33.62 KiB) Viewed 10320 times
TsiLangRTSE uses SIL Editor so you would need to redistribute it with your application.
Or you can change TsiLangLinked to TsiLangRT as well for other forms to edit translations per form.
Are you sure you need the built-in translations editing functionality? We use the approach described here: https://www.tsilang.com/create-user-tra ... lications/
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
krundt

Post by krundt »

Thanks.
I thought this was the case and already replaced TsiLangRT with just the basic TSiLang and a plan to distribute the SIL Editor with the program (to translators only).
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,
I would recommend to use TsiLang on the mainform or "main" datamodule and TsiLangLinked on other forms. And set CommonContainer property of TsiLangLinked to point to the "main" TsiLang. This way you will need to translate dialog strings just once. Just a small hint. :idea:
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.