SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SLOOOW performance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: SLOOOW performance Reply with quote

Hi, I am fairly new to these components, however, am pretty OK when it comes to Delphi. I seem to have an issue whereby the language component is slowing me right down. I have a good example of a form with one label, one edit, two buttons and a TsiLang compnent, however, it takes almost three seconds to create. When I remove the TsiLang component, it is created almost instantaneously.

The form is part of a large application, and the sil file has almost 2000 items and three languages.

I need to get this sped up as it is really causing issues, and will be unacceptable for users.

Your help will be most appreciated, and please point out anything that I may not have thought of, as I'm sure there is something.

Thanks again

Stu
stuart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further investigation shows that it is the call to LoadAllFromFile that is the issue.

I will look at creating a binary file (SIB) from the SIL file, and see how that goes.
stuart

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, thats impressive, I followed the steps in http://www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 and have cut the 3 seconds down to almost instant.

Every day is a school day Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: