Dictionary File creation issues

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Leaky

Dictionary File creation issues

Post by Leaky »

Hi people,

I have recently upgraded to version 6.3.0.4 (was using 6.2.2) and I am now experiencing some issues when trying to export translations out to the dictionary manager.

This is what I am doing...

1) I open the SIB file for my application.
2) I open the dictionary manager and create a new dictionary file with 1 language added to it which is my master language (English).
3) I then go back to the SIL editor and click on the Add all rows to dictionary (whilst the very top node is selected so that the entire file is processed).
4) The export process then chuggs on for a while until it is finished.
5) I look into the dictionary file and it has added the existing translations, but the languages to not link correctly. For example, I have a translation on a form that says 'Yes' in english and 'Qui' in French. However the dictionary does not display this. Instead it has some other translation in the french column and 'Qui' will apear else where.

Can this be confirmed as a bug or am I doing something completely wrong?

Following the above procedure in the older version produces a dictionary file correctly with all the translations linking up correctly.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

Could you please send us sample SIB + DIC files that reproduces this problem?
Are you able to reproduce this problem if you use DIC file which is specified under Default Dictionary setting in Options dialog?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.