Bugs founds in v6.3

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
mhamel

Bugs founds in v6.3

Post by mhamel »

I saw some new good features of v6.3 but one have a bug, which come from a bug we already found on v6.2.2. Now when we scan source code from "TsiLang Expert" we now have the option to "Mark to Ignore" which is very nice but the generated code don't work because the next time the code is scan the string will be found again.

By example the following code:

Code: Select all

Caption := 'My Caption';
will be changed to

Caption := {TSI:IGNORE ON}'My Caption'{TSI:IGNORE OFF};
But we found that the flags {TSI:IGNORE ON} and {TSI:IGNORE OFF} works only if there is nothing else on the line; but that bug is not present for the {TSI:IGNORE} flag. In instance, to make that code work, it should be written as:

{TSI:IGNORE ON}
Caption := 'My Caption';
{TSI:IGNORE OFF}
or as:

Caption := 'My Caption'; {TSI:IGNORE}
Also, it will be nice to have the option "Mark to skip current line" from the popup menu in the source code to add the {TSI:IGNORE} flag in addition to the "Mark to skip" which add the {TSI:IGNORE ON}{TSI:IGNORE OFF} flags.

Regards.

Marc
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you for this report and sorry for late reply.
There is 6.3.0.1 recently released which fixes this bug as well. You can download new version from download page.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
mhamel

Post by mhamel »

Thanks for v6.3.0.1. It works better but the changes to {TSI:IGNORE ON/OFF} still need some work. It looks like if we can now use {TSI:IGNORE ON/OFF} on lines with code and not only when there is nothing else on the same line like it's written in the document "TsiLang Components Suite Developer’s Guide"
this
tag should be in separate line and there should be no any other text in this line.
Also, with some tests I performed I notice that when these tags are written on a line with code, it works only for the given line and everything after {TSI:IGNORE ON} is ignored on the same line even if the {TSI:IGNORE OFF} is present.

By example, with this code only the "AAA" string will be found:

Caption := 'AAA' + GetStr1() + {TSI:IGNORE ON}'BBB'{TSI:IGNORE OFF} + GetStr2() + 'CCC';
Also if tags {TSI:IGNORE ON/OFF} are on different lines, only the first line will be treated like in this code and "CCC" will be found:

Caption := 'AAA' + GetStr1() + {TSI:IGNORE ON}'BBB'+
             GetStr2() + 'CCC'{TSI:IGNORE OFF} + 'DDD';
These cases are important because with the following steps these problems should appear. In the case of a line of code where many strings are present (2 by example), we scan the code, delete the row of the last string to not change it at all and mark to ignore the first string. {TSI:IGNORE ON/OFF} will enclose the first string => OK. But if we scan the code again the last string is no more found!

Regards
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

6.3.0.2 fixes this. But please note: "Mark for Ignore" will modify your code by inserting IGNORE ON\OFF tags on separate lines, so these tags again work as designed and described in manual.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.