Merging two SIB files - Treeview Items gone :-(

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
moelski

Merging two SIB files - Treeview Items gone :-(

Post by moelski »

Hi !

I have one sib file which contains only the main form at the moment. Now I wanted to add an additional form to the sib file. The additional form has a TSiLangTLV component connected to silang on the mainform.

These where the steps I have made:
1) Doubleclick the additional form in the TSILang Expert.
2) In the translation editor Export to a SIL file (why is it not possible to export directly to SIB *confused*)
3) Close translation editor.
4) Open the exportet SIL file in TSILang File Editor. Export to SIB file.
When I close the File Editor and open the new SIB file the Treeview Items are still there. So the Export works fine.
5) Open the main language file (SIB) in TSILang File Editor.
6) File -> Merge . Choose the new SIB file. Select the two languages, don´t select "Merge empty cells in original file". Don´t select "Skip superflouos entries". Finish.
7) Now there is no Treeview Item anymore. It´s gone.

Did I something wrong? What can I do to get the TreeView stuff merged, too? It´s an important part of the form! :?

Greetz Dominik
Greetz Moelski
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

1. To export to SIB directly you can either select the top-level node in Translation Editor (then SIB file will be available in choise), otherwise Translation Editor thinks you need to save only the particular section to the file and this is supported by SIL files only. Or use TsiLang Expert and select needed form and save it to SIB file.

2. Could you please try to merge 2 SIBs created directly and let us know if the problem remains?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
moelski

Post by moelski »

Hi !
Could you please try to merge 2 SIBs created directly
How can I do this. I have no idea :?:
Greetz Moelski
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,

Just create a SIB file directly without creating SIL first:
1. Open your project.
2. Run TsiLang Expert (from IDE menu Tools)
3. Select the form with TreeView Items
4. Select in Expert's menu File | Save\Load | Save Form(s)
5. Select SIB file as File Type

Then run SIL Editor with the initial SIB and try to merge it with SIB with tree-view items.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.