Text of my Edit Boxes Change!!

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
little_bird

Text of my Edit Boxes Change!!

Post by little_bird »

Hi,
I am using a 5.3.1 siLang component in my delphi project. I have some Edit Boxes on my Form and the Text property of these Edit Boxes is set to for example '1' at design time. when the user changes the text of my Edit Box to another value for example '3334' at run time and then goes to the menu of my form and changes the language of my project, the text of my edit boxes returns to the default value (in my example '3334' changes to '1'). Is this a problem of siLang?
my Project language simply switches with this line of code:
siLangDispatcher1.ActiveLanguage := TMenuItem(Sender).Tag;
but I don't know why when this line of code executes, it changes the value of my EditBoxes?

I'll appreciate any suggestion, tips,...

-thanks in Advance

-Little Bird
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Just add Edit's Text property to Excluded Properties.

P.S. Additionally, I would recommend you to upgrade to the latest version available from our web site.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
little_bird

Post by little_bird »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Just a few seconds after I posted my question I got a reply and it was really cool.

I checked the excluded property, but there was no item in the selected property column! you mean I should 'Add' for example Edit1 to selected column?

right now I went to the 'translation editor>Others' and I found my default text values in the English section :oops:, I removed this values from the English column....and the problem solved! :D

Please let me know If I should use the exclude property option even when it seems that my problem is solved.

-Thanks again
-Little Bird
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, it is better to add Text property to exclusion list. Go to Translation Editor -> Others and right-click on Edit.Text property and select Exclude. Then select Exclude Edit.Text property. This will exclude this property and TsiLang will never translate it again.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.