How to export SIB files for non-project files

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
emh

How to export SIB files for non-project files

Post by emh »

I'm trying to get a SIB file for our project, but this project contains a lot of forms that are not referenced from the project file.

What I would like to do is give a list of filenames, which the TSiLang expert would open and export to SIB. Since I could not do that (or don't know how) I tried exporting (1 by 1) every form with a language component, but than I can only export to SIL. So now I have a lot of SIL files, but is there a way to convert these SIL files back to SIB files. The SILEditor keeps complaining when merging the SIL files to a new SIB file that the filetypes are incompatible.

I'm using Turbo Delphi 2006 and TSiLang 6.2.2
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

1. There is no way to export "non-project" files to SIB using TsiLang Expert.
2. You can export them one-by-one. Double-click on TsiLang and select the most top node in tree. Then you will be to use SIB as destination when exporting. Btw, you can save here directly to your project's SIB in order to have only one SIB. But be sure that your project form names differ from "external"
3. Or you can use SIL Editor and convert created SILs to SIB. Just use Export it SIL Editor.
Please let us know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
emh

Post by emh »

1. Too bad seems like a nice feature to me
2. I missed the part where you have to select the top node to export. I now can export to SIB files

thanks