SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to export SIB files for non-project files

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: How to export SIB files for non-project files Reply with quote

I'm trying to get a SIB file for our project, but this project contains a lot of forms that are not referenced from the project file.

What I would like to do is give a list of filenames, which the TSiLang expert would open and export to SIB. Since I could not do that (or don't know how) I tried exporting (1 by 1) every form with a language component, but than I can only export to SIL. So now I have a lot of SIL files, but is there a way to convert these SIL files back to SIB files. The SILEditor keeps complaining when merging the SIL files to a new SIB file that the filetypes are incompatible.

I'm using Turbo Delphi 2006 and TSiLang 6.2.2
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

1. There is no way to export "non-project" files to SIB using TsiLang Expert.
2. You can export them one-by-one. Double-click on TsiLang and select the most top node in tree. Then you will be to use SIB as destination when exporting. Btw, you can save here directly to your project's SIB in order to have only one SIB. But be sure that your project form names differ from "external"
3. Or you can use SIL Editor and convert created SILs to SIB. Just use Export it SIL Editor.
Please let us know if this helps.
emh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Too bad seems like a nice feature to me
2. I missed the part where you have to select the top node to export. I now can export to SIB files

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: