.SIB file and access violation

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
qswami

.SIB file and access violation

Post by qswami »

I have 3 languages in my sib file. After I try to change it to one of them other from the default one, I get an Access violation error when trying to access the other menu options. I could get the menu options working only after deleting / renaming the .sib file. Is it possible for the .sib file to be corrupt. If so, how to find it out. Thanks.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please specify what do you mean under menu option?
In case just renaming the SIB file solves the problem then I'm unable to provide any ideas, because this looks like absolutelly independed from translation. May be you can try to reproduce the error on simple(sample) project and check if it is there and in case not - to try to find the differences?
Thanks.
qswami

SIB file and access violation

Post by qswami »

Thanks for the reply. Actually, I meant *Other* menu options inside my application. Let me put it in another way. The .SIB file is created using the TsiLang Expert -> Save/Load Translation -> Save Project. Then the same .SIB file is edited and two new language strings are added as per the translation information provided by the Customer.

In the application, the presence of the .SIB file in the same folder as the application (.exe) is checked and if so, it is loaded. When running the application the default language, in my case English, is loaded. Now when I try to access the *menu options available in my application* I am able to do it. I also have a option to change to other available languages. When I change to some other language, say, Simplified Chinese, I could see the relevant caption strings changed. But when I try to access the menu options say for eg., Open Customer, I get a Access Violation error.

From now on only if I rename the .SIB file or Delete it from the folder, I can access the menu options, even if I set the language back to English.

The above mentioned .SIB file that creates problem has both the Traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese translations.

However, this issue does not occur when I have *only* a single language translation. say., Only Simplified Chinese or Only Traditional Chinese in the .SIB file.

Any suggestions are welcome.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Can you dig into the sources and show the line that raises Access Violation error?
qswami

SIB file and access violation

Post by qswami »

Pls. find the required code information. Thanks.

Delphi version: 5

siLang version: 5.2.5_fix1
FileName : siComp.pas
Version : 5.2.5
Release date : 01.10.2003
Procedure : ChangeLanguage
Line No : 3997

Code Fragment :

{ Set Collections of components}
if (FPropForChange = -1) or (FPropForChange = Ord(stCollections)) then
SetProperties(@FCollections, stCollections); //Raises Access Violation
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please download latest version, install it and check if error gone?
In case not, then it looks like there is some particular case in your project only, please try to create simple project and to add components/translations step-by-step to your actual project to try to detect what caused the error. In case you would be able to reproduce the error on such simple project, you may send it to us that we could try to find the origin of problem on our side.
Please let us know about the results.
qswami

.SIB file and Access Violation

Post by qswami »

Downloaded the latest version 5.3.1.1 and could see that it works fine.
Many thanks for the support.