Language Translation Problems with "buttons"

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
charlesb

Language Translation Problems with "buttons"

Post by charlesb »

I have an application that uses buttons but the captions do not translate correctly into Russian or Traditional Chinese. Spanish, French, and German work fine.
I am using Borland C++Builder6.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you use regular TButton components? In this case they won't display properly languages that have different code page than default code page used for your default locale from Regional Settings. They will display properly Russian on Russian locale, Chinese - on Chinese and so on. In case you need to show any chanracter independent from the locale you need to use Unicode replacement like TTntButton from TNT Controls or ElPack.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
frank

Post by frank »

Can i change language as default locale by Delphi, i don't want to change at control panel, can i program this?
i have some regular components but i don't want to replace TNT component because this invole to source, must be code again or change....complicated.
Thanks
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

No this setting couldn't be changed programmatically. Only through Control Panel.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.