SaveAllToFile doesn't export all my translations

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
jbat

SaveAllToFile doesn't export all my translations

Post by jbat »

Hi,

I use a TSiLangDispatcher linked with many other TSiLang components on many forms.

When at runtime I perform a MySiLangDispatcher.SaveAllToFile(...), the generated file only contains the translations of the "already" created forms. All the translations of the forms not yet created in memory but existing in the project aren't exported...

Doed anyone can help me about that issue ?

Thanx a lot

Jbat.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Are you sure you need to perform this at run-time? Because at run-time it is possible to export only created forms. But in case you just need to export your translations to external file then just use TsiLang Expert for this. See menu File | Save/Load Translations.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jbat

Post by jbat »

Hello,

No, I'm not sure that's I really want to do.

I'm a begginer in using tsilang components and I've already succes in making my projects multi-language, but only when :
1°) I do the translations myself, during design time,
2°) the translations are stored in my dfm.

My project is multi-form based and many forms inherits each-other. Inheritance & translations are perfectly managed with the silang components when translations are stored into the dfm, but : Now, i'm looking for the best way to allow my customer to add any language without me and with the minimum of work for them, espescially when I'll deliver new versions ou updates of my sofware.

I thinked that generating the whole translation file at runtime like I described earlier was a good idea... Maybe not ! :(

In fact, i'm totally open to any solutions because I really don't see how to make that despite I read the help files and forums...

NB : Sorry for my poor english. That's not my mother tongue :?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Did you take a look at article posted here: http://www.tsilang.com/press/en/creatin ... users.html ?
I hope it will help you.
Please let us know if there still will remain any troubles with this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
jbat

Post by jbat »

Great ! :D

A quick test let me think it will be exactly what I need...

Thanks a lot :wink:

nb:Don't know how could I miss that article/link earlier...