SLOOOW performance

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
stuart

SLOOOW performance

Post by stuart »

Hi, I am fairly new to these components, however, am pretty OK when it comes to Delphi. I seem to have an issue whereby the language component is slowing me right down. I have a good example of a form with one label, one edit, two buttons and a TsiLang compnent, however, it takes almost three seconds to create. When I remove the TsiLang component, it is created almost instantaneously.

The form is part of a large application, and the sil file has almost 2000 items and three languages.

I need to get this sped up as it is really causing issues, and will be unacceptable for users.

Your help will be most appreciated, and please point out anything that I may not have thought of, as I'm sure there is something.

Thanks again

Stu
stuart

Post by stuart »

Further investigation shows that it is the call to LoadAllFromFile that is the issue.

I will look at creating a binary file (SIB) from the SIL file, and see how that goes.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Well, thats impressive, I followed the steps in http://www.sicomponents.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14 and have cut the 3 seconds down to almost instant.

Every day is a school day :)