Import Resource Strings Issue

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Paul Zip

Import Resource Strings Issue

Post by Paul Zip »

The import resource string wizard will not import to a tsiLang component which has been inherited.

We use form inheritance and so we have one tsiLangRT component on our base form, all our forms inherit from this. We don't want to import each application's recourcestrings into the siLangRT on our base form (we have many applications), we want to instead import them into an application specific form's tsiLangRT (a descendent of our base form), but if I select a this form to import into the strings don't get saved. This is a problem for us!

Also, I have logged an issue before whereby it takes ages to "check all" of the resource strings to import. We have tried on several machines and each machine has this problem. Please see the film I've captured of this : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1134HGBC
Perhaps it is as simple as a missing BeginUpdate, EndUpdate, or could be solved by checking the checkboxes in reverse from last to first.

Another thing is we use FinalBuilder to automatically build our applications, but this is geared to use the Delphi command line compiler. Could you make the resourcestring extraction and streaming to a form's siLang component a command line application?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Please note: you must use only ONE TsiLang per project that will handle resource strings translation and this TsiLang must be create all the time application runs!
Do you have IsInheritedOwner=True on all child (inherited) forms but not for the base one?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Also at http://www.sicomponents.com/soft/wizards.zip is placed updated version of Wizard.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Paul Zip

Post by Paul Zip »

Yes, I am aware we must use only ONE TsiLang per project that will handle resource strings translation and this TsiLang must persist for app lifetime.

Yes, IsInheritedOwner=True is set to true on all child (inherited) forms but not for the base one.
Paul Zip

Post by Paul Zip »

I have tried the new wizards file and there is no improvement, it still takes ages to select all of the checkboxes and it uses 100% cpu.

Could this exe be made command line callable?

e.g. siimporter.exe /app="c:\files\App.exe" /obsolete="Y" /checkall="Y" /dfm="c:\source\Myform.dfm"

etc.

Paul
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We will try to add command line interface support to this wizard. Could you please send me the EXE file which causes such incorrect behavior?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.