Printing Problem

All announcements, questions and issues related to the Resource Builder
TheSlycer

Printing Problem

Post by TheSlycer »

Open RB, I click on the first set of 15 strings, click print to print the resource strings and RB wants to print 400 plus pages of some strange looking stuff.

WHY?

How do I print the resource strings so I don't have remember which id is which?

Also, this just happen:
I openned a resource string in the test editor, clicked print and it did the same thing, wanting to print serveral hundred pages.(I only have 12 strings in the file). I canceled the print job and received the following error:

Exception EAccessViolation in module Resbldr2.exe at 000A66F8.
Access violation at address 004A66F8 in module 'Resbldr2.exe'. Read of address 000000DA.
Arrays... Where...
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please send us any sample RC file that reproduces this? Because we're unable to reproduce this. :(
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
TheSlycer

Post by TheSlycer »

do you need just the rc file?
Arrays... Where...
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you for your files. Now I think I can see the origin of problem.
I think you open RES file you sent me and it contains 4 big bitmaps as well as string table and icon. The button Print on toolbar is designated to print whole project. And in your case it tries to print all icons, bitmaps and strings. We will try to add feature to the Strings Editor to print selected strings.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
TheSlycer

Post by TheSlycer »

That would be a nice feature, trying to remember which ID was what string isn't easy and my rc file is pretty small.
Also, if it can be done, to print a list of the images, icons etc., with there names and id's as well.

It would be nice to be able to print a list of strings with the id.

Thanks.
Arrays... Where...