How to copy-paste Chinese characters into TsiLang Editor?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Endre

How to copy-paste Chinese characters into TsiLang Editor?

Post by Endre »

I tried to copy paste some Chinese characters into the TsiLang Editor but it only shows ???? question marks instead of the characters.
I use WindowsXP.

Is the TsiLang Editor itself Unicode capable? What do I have to do on an XP machine in order to be able to copy-paste Chinese characters into the SIL Editor?

Thanks for you help,

Endre
gaivans

Post by gaivans »

Hello,

The Translation Editor and SIL Editor both use standard VCL grid so they are not unicode. If you set up the proper font and charset for the chinese language in the TsiLang component, then it will display correctly on the target computer with user locale = chinese.

However, if you want to edit chinese characters in the Translation Editor or SIL Editor you need to set your default locale to chinese (in the Control Panel launch the "Regional Settings" applet). It is also required if you want to type Chinese characters in the IDE.

From the other tools the Dictionary manager is fully Unicode capable so you or your translator can use it to edit translations simultaneously in several languages.
Best regards,
Serghei Gaivan