Some translations gone

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
itibira

Some translations gone

Post by itibira »

i was looking through the Translation Editor on my form and noticed that all the Asian font Strings as well as non-western Strings (eg: Greek, Russian) are now all displaying garbage characters.

i found an almost-new copy of the same form's translated strings and viewed it with the Files Editor and they are all good, so i tried to load that almost-new sil file with the characters still displaying correctly into the Translation Editor but after loading, the strings still look messed up.

It took many hours of work to translate all of the strings and i'd appreciate if you could please let me know how to have the strings display correctly without having to re-enter all of them (there are a LOT).

The Charsets for the different languages in the Translation Editor all look fine but they are not displaying fine.

Thanks.
itibira

Post by itibira »

Actually i just noticed that the Russian strings are displaying correctly, but the others i mentioned are not.

Sorry for the confusion.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

What are the Fonts values for these languages? May be you've specified MS Sans Serif and it is unable to support these languages, except default one.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.