How to open external file if I doubleclick TsiLang?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
moelski

How to open external file if I doubleclick TsiLang?

Post by moelski »

Hi !

Is it possible to open my external file if I doubleclick TsiLang? If I do so it always opens the "internal" translations.
Setting the dispatcher to the correct file won´t work.

And a short additional question ... If I doubleclick TsiLang, there is only an export to SIL files. Why is there no possibility for SIB?
Greetz Moelski
moelski

Post by moelski »

Hi !

Let me add an additional question ... At the moment I´m a little bit confused :?

I want to use an external SIB or SIL file. At the moment I use SIL because it´s easier to review in an editor like notepad.
How can I store all the translation stuff from all forms (!) in one file and how can I use this file in Design- and Runtime?

At the moment I have a little testapplication with two forms. Form1 stores it translations in siLang. Form2 stores its translations in siLangLinked. How can I change this? I only want to see one external file with all translations.

Hopefully someone can bring light into the darkness :roll:
Greetz Moelski
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Sorry for delay with reply.
You can use same file (SIL or SIB) to save all forms. Double-click on TsiLang brings you the Translation Editor where you can save / load external file as well. To be able to save to SIB you just need to select the Top-level node in the left tree, since SIB can store only all properties at once.
I can suggest you to take a look at the TsiLang Expert available in Delphi/C++Builder menu Tools. There you will be able to save/load forms or project at once as well as many other additional tasks available.
Also you can download our User's Guide manual from download page. You will find there a lot of useful information as well as some tips and tricks.
Hello,

Sorry again for delays.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.