Translate strings in files which run without forms

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Melamori

Translate strings in files which run without forms

Post by Melamori »

I have a program with many forms running in diferent time and units running when there is no forms. In these strings there are many dialogs - MessageDlg etc. Program in C++ Builder.
What is the best way to translate these strings?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Using TsiLang Expert menu File -> Source -> Without Form
Then select which unit source you need to translate and form that will hold the translations.
After you click OK Expert will scan your source, find used strings and offer you to translate them.
Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Melamori

Post by Melamori »

isiticov wrote:Using TsiLang Expert menu File -> Source -> Without Form
Then select which unit source you need to translate and form that will hold the translations.
After you click OK Expert will scan your source, find used strings and offer you to translate them.
Please let me know if this helps.
I can't use silang components from form because these messages are shown when no forms exist!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Then you can add TDatamodule to your project and place there TsiLang which will hold translations for these units.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Melamori

Post by Melamori »

Is it the only method? These units are in different projects...
Can I create siLang1 when program is running? I"ve tried to do so, but it shows access violation when I call function LoadAllFromFile...
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, TsiLang requires the "owner". What is the problem with sharing this datamodule also between different projects?
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.