Excluding some items from a Collection

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
hretif

Excluding some items from a Collection

Post by hretif »

Hi,

I would like to exclude from translations some Column Captions from a DBGrid, but not all. Thus, I thought that placing them in "Component Properties to Exclude" like

dbgrSold.0-TColumn
dbgrSold.1-TColumn
dbgrSold.10-TColumn
dbgrSold.11-TColumn
dbgrSold.20-TColumn
dbgrSold.21-TColumn

would do the job.

But saving the project and looking in the SIL Editor, all columns are still available for translation.

What am I doing wrong?

Hubert
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do these columns visible under Columns section in Translation Editor?
If not, then it could be due to save into existing SIL file, just save under different name.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
hretif

Post by hretif »

They are all (23) visible under Collections section in Translation editor. I want only 3 of them visible. I made also the experience that I must first delete an existing SIL file, but it does not solve my problem.

In between, I have another case: in Captions section of Translation editor I can see all caption TollButtons but one of them is missing. I have checked all exclude conditions and I am pretty sure that it should not be excluded. Strange because there are 6 other buttons on the same Toolbar and they are all correctly displayed.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

I afraid there is no way to exclude particluar columns from translations. The only way I can see is to change their captions "manually" in code and translate only necessary lines of code using TsiLang Expert.

I guess that toolbutton has Action property set. Components that have Action property set are translated by translating the respective TAction.
Please let me know if this is the case.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
hretif

Post by hretif »

>>I am afraid there is no way to exclude particluar columns from translations.
OK, I can live with it...

>>I guess that toolbutton has Action property set.
That's right. I could solve it

Thanks,
Hubert