siOpenDialog problem in combination with Form.ScaleBy

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
dennisvh

siOpenDialog problem in combination with Form.ScaleBy

Post by dennisvh »

Hello,

I am using siComponents for about one year now and i must tell it is great!

I recently got the following problem. For a new application, i must create a form, which i have to resize to fullscreen (using Form.ScaleBy). This form contains an siOpenDialog where the user can pick a file. When i open this dialog, some captions (the ones which can be translated) are shown in the large captions (due to the scaleby), but all other fields in the dialog remain small.

How can i solve this (or is there a workaround for this?). It is no problem if the dialog uses all small fields or large scaled fields.

(I tested this on a new test project with only a siLangDispatcher, siLang and siOpenDialog).

Thanks
Dennis
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please check if the same behavior appears on standard Delphi dialogs? Because it looks like a general problem.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
dennisvh

Post by dennisvh »

Thank you for your fast reply.

I just tested the 'normal' OpenDialog, and it does not have the problem.

I also tried the following: Instead of placing a siOpenDialog on the form, i dynamically created it when the file open button is clicked. I noticed that the problem dissappears when i do not assign a siLang to it (but then i have no translations). As soon as i assign the silang property of the siOpenDialog to the siLang on the form, the captions are scaled.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Can you be so kind to create a test project and send it to us? This will simplify the finding the origin of problem and we will try to fix this asap.
Thank you
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Also as a workaround could be used to place TsiLang on data module instead of TForm. But this will prevent from changing the font settings in dialogs, in case you need this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
dennisvh

Post by dennisvh »

I have a testproject here. Can you tell me how to send the testproject to you.

I will try your workaround with the data module.
dennisvh

Post by dennisvh »

Your workaround gave me an idea. I linked the siOpenDialog1.siLang property to the siLang component of my main form instead of the form which should be scaled.

Problem solved.

Thank you!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Glad to see it is solved! :)
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.