Translation Editor and Import strings from PeFile

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Josef Koller

Translation Editor and Import strings from PeFile

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,

questions:

I have all my files in the TSiLangExpert. Is there a way to mark all files to get one TranslationEditor-File?

In the TranslationEditor I have 5 languages. I have for every language a translator. I give every translator a sil-file and I get back 5 files. What have I to do to get on sil file from the five files?

I have freereport components in my project. I get the strings with Import strings from PeFile. But after finnished this wizard I cann't find the marked phrases.

Where can I find this strings?

I have in the frreport components memo-fields as report- or columnheaders. How can I get this memo fields for translation?

Best regards

Josef
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: Translation Editor and Import strings from PeFile

Post by isiticov »

Josef Koller wrote:I have all my files in the TSiLangExpert. Is there a way to mark all files to get one TranslationEditor-File?
Just select all forms in TsiLang Expert or use Save Project to save all project forms into one SIL/SIB file.
In the TranslationEditor I have 5 languages. I have for every language a translator. I give every translator a sil-file and I get back 5 files. What have I to do to get on sil file from the five files?
SIL Editor menu includes File->Merge command which starts Merge Wizard and it will easily help you to merge these files into one.
I have freereport components in my project. I get the strings with Import strings from PeFile. But after finnished this wizard I cann't find the marked phrases.
Where can I find this strings?
These strings are placed into Strings section of TsiLang. You will easily identify them since they have IDS_RES_ prefix.
I have in the frreport components memo-fields as report- or columnheaders. How can I get this memo fields for translation?
You can assign content of these fields in your source code in creation event and use TsiLang Expert to translate these hard-coded strings.

Hope this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,

thanks for answer. But:

[...]These strings are placed into Strings section of TsiLang. You will easily identify them since they have IDS_RES_ prefix. [...]

I got a hint in the Import strings from PeFile-Wizard that the strings will be include in the file fAnfang.dfm.

But when doubleclick on this file and click on strings ther is nothing in it.

With a normal texteditor I see in the fanfang.dfm some new strings (they came from the freereport-component.

But how get I the strings in the translation Editor?

Than you wrote:

Quote:

You can assign content of these fields in your source code in creation event and use TsiLang Expert to translate these hard-coded strings.

Hope this helps.
Not really! The only way I think is to take the GetValueEvent from the frreport component and give all the memos a variable and than I fill this variable by code. But this way is a hard job (lot of memos as headers in the reports). Do you know an other way?

Tanks and best regards

Josef
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Did the Wizard finish successfully? May be there was some error during importing and wizard didn't complete? Could you please try to re-run the wizard and check?

With FR it is the only way, since they don't provide "access" to the inside objects and their properties anyhow.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,
isiticov wrote:Did the Wizard finish successfully? May be there was some error during importing and wizard didn't complete? Could you please try to re-run the wizard and check?

With FR it is the only way, since they don't provide "access" to the inside objects and their properties anyhow.
I found the mistake:
I gave the property HandleResourceStrings to True than I closed the forms (with save). Than I started "Import strings from PeFile" again.

Than it works and I get the strings.

But I have a new problem:

I have charts in my forms. In extended translations I found my chart1 and my series. In chart1 I found the charttitle but I cann't find the series titles.

Where they are?

Thanks again

Josef
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,

sorry, I found the strings in "others".

Thanks again

Josef
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,

I' again. I come from error to error.
If I click to dictonary and than to Translate all I get the following errror:

Incompatible Version of RPC stub"

with Ok I get a languagebox mith my languages but all grayed. the button Cancel is possible.

What's that?

And than:
I tested with my really project the possiblity to get the freereport strings with load from PEFile. After successfull ending this wizard and doubleclick to the file which I have separeted for insert the strings I get the warning that it is unable to open this file. The FAnfang.caption isn't available etc.

What's now wrong?

Tanks and best regards

Josef
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

About Dictionary Manager: it looks like you've closed the Dictionary Manager during Auto-translate.

About the error you get with "FAnfang.caption ...": where do you get such errors?

P.S. I will be out of office during next several days, please take in account this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

isiticov wrote:About Dictionary Manager: it looks like you've closed the Dictionary Manager during Auto-translate.
no, I found this error. I have had a wrong Oleaut32.dll. After copy the original file from the windows-CD the AutoTranslate function works fine.
isiticov wrote:About the error you get with "FAnfang.caption ...": where do you get such errors?

This message comes after ending the PEFile Wizard. I doubleclick to the FAnfang file in the TSeLangExpert List.
The FAnfang is the startfile of the project.
isiticov wrote:P.S. I will be out of office during next several days, please take in account this.
No problem, I'm just in test phase.

Nice days, many thanks and best regards

Josef
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

In additional to my last message here the steps by start PeFile wizard:

By this test I gave only to the unit FAnfang 6 languages. Than I gone the property handlesystemresources to true than saved and closed the file fanfang.

Than doubleclick in the expert to the file. than the messagebox:
Error by reading FAnfang.Caption. Invalid value of the property. Error ignore and continue? Warning: By ignore it is possible that components will be delete or property values will lost.

After Cancel I got the message:
Unabel to obtain the interface of form module! Please check your project source.

Than: I would like to open the FAnfang.dfm with Delphi . But after minutes of loading I got the message:
Expand of memory stream not possible. memory lack.

Than I opened the uAnfang.dfm with WordPad. Here one of the last rows of the file. But I think the hole file is damaged.

stStrings
IDS_RES_53032Show help
IDS_RES_53028Find text
IDS_RES_53027Print report
IDS_RES_53026Save report
IDS_RES_53025Open report
IDS_RES_53024Scale
IDS_RES_53023Close preview

If it is possible I will send you the file UAnfang.dfm

Best regards

Josef
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Please send us the DFM file. It looks like it is corrupted somehow.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Josef Koller

Post by Josef Koller »

Hello,

I have the same problem again and again. I find no way th get the strings in the FreeReport (Import form PE-File).

Is it possible to send you the project small one only with a start form and a second form)?

Best regards

Josef
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Yes, please send us the sample project and we will try to find the origin of problem.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.