FRUSTRATED!

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Kev

FRUSTRATED!

Post by Kev »

Now I am starting to get really irritated! After working nearly all week and countless hours just trying to get my main form translated and displaying properly including getting Tnt components loaded and working, I thought I was nearly done. After the last compile ad seeing that all captions and strings were showing correctly, I opened the Lang Editor and clicked on Save. At that point it did save, but now ALL of my Russion translations that were painstakingly pasted by hand are all "????????". The sil file is not right either.
I noticed that in the Lang Editor under CharSets there are about 30 lines for every component. I cannot get rid of them.

I realize that Unicode etc. is a real pain no matter how it is tackled and that the siLang components do a real good job at attacking the problem, however the little quirks and stumbling blocks are killing me. The user interface just doesn't seem to be very user friendly or intuitive. I am going to keep on trudging through this thing because I have absolutely no other choise.

So is there any way to get my translations back? And what happened to them any way?

Kev
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you mean that exactly after Save your Russian items became ???? ?
Or may be you did some other actions before they reverted to the question marks?
Also please check if SIL file content really contains question marks (open it in any text editor and check since it is plain text file).
The bug with many rows for one component in Charsets section will be fixed in next release meantime you can just clear all data there using Clear on toolbar, close Translation Editor, open it again and re-enter the Charsets settings.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Kev

Frustrated

Post by Kev »

I think they all turned into ????'s just after saving. It is all getting a little foggy now since I am having to get the program running bug free in English mode for the customer visit in 1 week. I think they were all ???'s in the sil also, but not sure. I should have written it all down, but after messing around a bit, I got most of them back and thought it was a good time to quit. Sorry for the lack of info, as a programmer I know how irritating it is for a user to say something did this or that, but can't tell you how he did it. I will try to be more detailed if it happens again.

thanks