Installation binary version: small remarks on paths

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Andre Beuving

Installation binary version: small remarks on paths

Post by Andre Beuving »

Hi,

- I installed the registered version (binary) to the proposed folder. BCB6 doesn't know the path to the copmponents. Should I add the Path to the environment to get things working (as I did now) or should I copy the .hpp/.obj to a certain directory? Shouldn't this be handled by installer? :wink:

- A non existing "TsiLang/Units/Auxillary" path IS added to the environment after installation.

HTH

André
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Actually, the hpp/obj pas must be already added to environment library settings, but C++Builder uses project's Include Path settings as well. So you will need to add them there and also it will help a lot to add them to "default" project settings:
1. Close all projects in C++Builder
2. Open Project Options
3. Configure the paths there and save.

Please let me know if this helps.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Andre Beuving

Post by Andre Beuving »

Isiticov,

- The hpp/obj path was NOT added on installation. The only path that was added (can't remember exactly which one) was the ..../TsiLang/Units/Auxillary path that doesn't exist (at least not in the binary version). BTW, I already added the paths to the default project settings. This one was just for feedback so you can make TsiLang even better :D !
- Of course the path of existing projects is wrong as these are not influenced by install, and the proposed path of the TsiLang components is outside the paths already used by builder. Maybe this is a nice one for the faq/Help file as well :wink:

HTH

André