Exception when pasting text in Translation Editor

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
MainSoft

Exception when pasting text in Translation Editor

Post by MainSoft »

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of TSILang. For a given form, I launch TsiLang Expert, double-click on a form to open the Translation Editor and then click on the Add button in the toolbar.

In the new edit field hitting Ctrl-V or using the Paste command systematically generates an exception:

Access violation at address 40006EA5 in module 'rtl60.bpl'. Read of address 00000000.

Delphi doesn't crash, though and I can enter text manually in that field.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hi,
Does this appear for every form ot just for one specific? Because we've tried but were unable to reproduce this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:Hi,
Does this appear for every form ot just for one specific? Because we've tried but were unable to reproduce this.
Hi,
Any form, any project. Actually, this happens when trying to past text into any field of the Strings section, be it a new one or an existing one.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

I'm using Delphi 6, if this can help.

Regards.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

Hi again,

Please forget this for the moment. I'm beginning to suspect that a clipboard utility I'm using is causing trouble... The problem is occuring with TsiLang only, though.

I'll try to investigate this more deeply and I'll get back to you if the Translation Editor is clearly involved.

Thanks.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

OK. I have disabled the suspicious clipboard utility and the problem is still there.

A few additional details:

- The exception occurs only when I use Ctrl-V or Right-Click | Paste to paste the text into the field. Using Shift-Ins never generates an exception. That's interesting. This clearly means that in the Translation Editor Ctrl-V, Right-Click | Paste and Shift-Ins do not share the same command handler.

- After I could successfully paste a text using Shift-Ins, the problem may or may not disappear. I couldn't find any pattern until now.

- Shutting down and reloading Delphi may fix the problem for a while. It will show up again during the next session.

Very strange.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, really strange,
MainSoft wrote: - The exception occurs only when I use Ctrl-V or Right-Click | Paste to paste the text into the field. Using Shift-Ins never generates an exception. That's interesting. This clearly means that in the Translation Editor Ctrl-V, Right-Click | Paste and Shift-Ins do not share the same command handler.
Actually, there is one common handler.
Anyway, we're investigating now...
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
MainSoft

Post by MainSoft »

isiticov wrote:Actually, there is one common handler.
Anyway, we're investigating now...
Or could it be that there's a conflict with another Delphi addin? I have GExperts installed. It certainly also intercepts certain keystrokes.

Let's look at what happens if I disable it...

No way. I have disabled the two Experts installed on my system and I still get the exception in the Translation Editor.
Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr