DevExpress Components: Strange behaviour

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Oleg Mironov

DevExpress Components: Strange behaviour

Post by Oleg Mironov »

Translation Editor doesn't work properly with DevExpress Components (I guess not only for DevExpress).

I will try to explain.

Let say I have two TcxComboBox components on one form
cxComboBox1 and cxComboBox2 (it can be any DevExpress components)
and TsiLang component

Lets open the Translation Editor.
Under Multilines I see
cxComboBox1.Properties.Items
cxComboBox2.Properties.Items
I don't want to translate Items property for all components and click right mouse and try to exclude Properties.Items for all components.
Nothing happens. Its still there.
In case if I want to exclude that Items property only for one component and click right mouse and select Exclude. It looks like it works but it doesn't. After reopen the editor it still there again.

At the same time under ExcludeFromTranslation editor I can see Properties.Items in a list to exclude.

When language file is saved all Properties.Items are present there (in my case in sib file).

Exclude for translation for properties like Component.Object.Propertie is not working properly.

Or I am doing something wrong?

Best regards

Oleg Mironov
Software Developer
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, looks like a bug in component when excluding DevExpress components (for handling DevExpress components there is a "special" logic introduced). We will try to fix this. Thank you for reporting. So in the meantime just leave translations for DevExpress components needed to be excluded empty and they won't be translated.
Thank you again.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Oleg Mironov

Post by Oleg Mironov »

Thank you for quick response.

"So in the meantime just leave translations for DevExpress components needed to be excluded empty and they won't be translated"

Yes I will do that. But problem is that I have to provide language files to the end user and they can edit translation. I don't want to show them all properties....you see what I mean.

Anyway thanks again for so useful tools. It works great.

Together we make a difference. :D
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Just open SIL/SIB file into SIL Editor and delete those entries. :)
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Oleg Mironov

Post by Oleg Mironov »

Just imagine if you have many thousands entries...and every time after file generation you have delete all of them... :(

:)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The multiple delete is implemented, so you can just select all needed to be deleted and delete at once.
How often do you release you software? We will fix this shortly and hot fix will be available hopefully during this week for registered users who have source code. If not, then in 3-4 weeks because of the scheduled vacations here.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Oleg Mironov

Post by Oleg Mironov »

:D :D :D :D

"The multiple delete is implemented, so you can just select all needed to be deleted and delete at once. "

If I say that I have thousands form and all entries cannot be delete at one operation...:) you will ask me to export file as Excel table delete it there and import it back...:)

I can wait fixes. Don't worry. I was living with that for a long time. I can wait.

:) :) :) :)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Oleg Mironov wrote:I can wait fixes. Don't worry. I was living with that for a long time. I can wait.
:) :) :) :)
It would be better for both you and us if you reported this earlier and this fix could be already included into v 6.0 ;)
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We have fixed the mentioned bug(s). Please let me know if you would like to receive a hot fix with changed files and we will send them to you. (Please mention your registered email in this case (can be done privately ;) )).
Or you can wait till new minor update release and these fixes will be included there.
Thank you again for reporting!
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.