How to translate an include file

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
StefanP

How to translate an include file

Post by StefanP »

Hi,

I have a third-party library that uses an INC file to declare some common strings. How do I translate that with TsiLang?

I tried adding the file to the project and then "File/Const Section/Without Form..." from the TsiLang Expert but the following dialog ("Translating units without form") does not show my INC file.

I also tried to add one of the PAS files using the INC file to my project. But only the strings contained directly in the pas file show up for translation. The include file is not scanned for translatable strings. To be honest I did not expect this approach to work.

What to do?

Best regards
Stefan
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Are these strings in INC file declared as VAR/CONST or as resourcestring?
In case they are declared as resource strings then you can use "resource handling" for translate them.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
StefanP

Post by StefanP »

isiticov wrote:Hello,

In case they are declared as resource strings then you can use "resource handling" for translate them.
The strings are indeed defined in a resource string section. I will try what you suggest and come back to you if I need further help.

Thanks so far
Stefan
StefanP

Post by StefanP »

isiticov wrote:Hello,

OK, that works. One thing though. During the use of the Reource strings wizard I got an error message telling me that the OnChangeLanguage property was not valid. Something like that. But, as said before everything works and the event is assigned to a valid event handler.

Thanks again for your prompt support
Stefan