Devexpress Issues

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Manolis Perrakis

Devexpress Issues

Post by Manolis Perrakis »

After working TsiLang with my project which is full with DevExpress controls I noticed the following:

1. TsiLang doesn't translate the Bands captions of a Banded grid View
View.Bands.Caption

2. TsiLang doesn't translate the captions of the Devexpress Vertical Grid

3. There is a problem translating cxRadioGroup and cxDBRadioGroup in a form that exists also a cxGrid. If you create a cxRadioGroup on a form that a cxGrid already exists the items of the cxRadioGroup are not translated (don't display in the collection section of chiLang). If you cut the cxGrid and open the translation Editor the cxRadioGroup items are displayed. If you paste then the cxGrid and open the ChilLang's editor the items are shown again. If you cut and paste the cxRadioGroup the items are not displayed. It must have to do with the creation order of the 2 controls. However in my project I can't follow this method since I have many grids in each form.

I tested these problems with DevExpress last edition of VCL controls and with the Devexpress samples.

Please tell me what are you planning to do since I have a huge project with hundreds of forms which I've already translated a lot of them.

Regards,
Manolis Perrakis
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Thank you for information! We will investigate these issues and will try to fix them in next release.
Manolis Perrakis

Timeline needed

Can you give me some specific timelines?
I noticed that you release a new version every some months.

However on Tuesday I'm going to Romania fro 4 days to installl in 2 companies my application.
Is there a way you can supply a fix for the 2 issues (except for the Vertical Grid which is not urgent).

Regards,
Manolis Perrakis
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

As I wrote you in PM, we were unable to reproduce any of these issues under version 4 of DevExpress components.

P.S. We can continue this issue privately under email if you prefer.
Manolis Perrakis

devexpress issues

Sorry I can't understand what P.M. is.
However I can you assist you in any way to reproduce these errors.
If you want to discuss these issues with e-mail I don't have any problem.
My e-mail address is manolo_perrakis@yahoo.gr

I use the latest version of the Delphi 7 enterprise edition and DevExpress Components released on 4 of May 2005 since I have subscription In DevExpress. The current version of Quantum Grid (if this you mean by version 4 since each component has its own edition) is 5.5. The 5th version of cxGrid was first released on 30/6/2004. The editors edition (cxRadioGroup And cxDBRadioGroup) are the same edition with Quantum Grid. The current vertical Grid edition is 3.2.2.

Regards,
Manolis Perrakis