Default language

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
mschoell

Default language

Post by mschoell »

Hello,

Is there a possibility to change the default language, which is always the first language, as far as I know?
In case not all is translated, it could be an advantage to adjust the default language (e.g. by a property of TSILang components) according to the country. We do all english and german texts ourselves, therefore they are always complete. The problem: in France, they understand english better than german, in Poland, they understand german better than english, so a fixed default language is not the optimal solution.

Thanks, Martin
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

TsiLang components have property called TranslateType. In your case it could be useful. Using ttNoChange indicates to leave untranslated terms with their active value. This means if some control has no translation to ActiveLanguage it won't be changed. Using ttUseDefault indicates to always use value from "default" (first) language in the list.
mschoell

Post by mschoell »

Yes, I know this, but then, all non translated items show up like they were in object-inspector. In our SIL files, german is language 1, english language 2. I'm searching for a possibility to change the default language dynamically by a property:
Like this:
if "MYapp is running in italy" then
mySIComponent.Defaultlanguage := 2
else if "MYapp is running in poland" then
mySIComponent.Defaultlanguage := 1

So people using our software in italy would see english, if some italian texts are not translated, and peoble inpoland would see german.
I guess this feature is not yet existing, but could be useful
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, such functionality is not implemented. We will see if this could be implemented. Thank you for suggestion.