Non-western languagues

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
James Campion

Non-western languagues

Post by James Campion »

Hi,
Same problem as Plutoplanet ( Greek characters) only mine is with Russian ( the german version is great)
The Character set is set to Russian and font to Arial for all components.

Reading through the thread I come to the conclusion that TButton simply does not work with non-western languages.

Do I have to replace Tbuttons with Tbitbutton throughout my project?
I cannot get the StaticText components to display the correct characters, do these have to be replaced with Tlabels?

Is there any documentation as to which controls should be avoided in these situations.

Finally I tried the solution to Tmenu with no luck
Placed in FormCreate procedure.

Screen->MenuFont->Name="Arial";
Screen->MenuFont->Charset=RUSSIAN_CHARSET;

Can anyone shed any light on these problems?
Regards
Jim
Jim.C
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, the only solution (if you need to display Russian character under western locale) is to replace TButton with TBitBtn, TStaticText with TLabel and so on. But! in case you're intended to display Russian captions on customer's PC with Russian locale then all these will work properly. (You can send us sample EXE and we will show you the screenshots. Since we are under Russian locale :))
Menu problem: it looks like you don't use images in your menu, right?
In order the trick with menu worked just assign its Images property to some dummy empty TImageList and it will start to work.
Please let us know if this helps.
James Campion

Post by James Campion »

Thanks for the tips, menue also works now.
Yes it the program will be run under russian locales to I'll trust you that score as well, you've been right om everything else thus far.
regards
Jim
Jim.C