SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unicode Problems With Japanese Text

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
delphian



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Unicode Problems With Japanese Text Reply with quote

When i try to use Suggest Translation or Auto Translate i get a Question mark appear in front of my unicode japanese text

ie i am trying to translate the word / phrase " Booking Date " , which i have 予約作成日 in the dictionary and it returns ?約作成日


i believe the point where the problem occurs is in the following line of code.

S := FIntf.GetTranslation(BaseLang, ActiveLang, Cells[BaseCol, J]);

in siTransEditor , Function sbDictAutoClick
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2103

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the same apply when you use Find Translation button or only for Suggest and Auto-Translate?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delphian



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:40 pm    Post subject: Japanese Text ( Unicode ) Reply with quote

Yes it gives the same error when i use find translation. it only happens with japanese text , we have korean as well and its perfect.


Kind Regards



Dephian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2103

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, could you please send us the DIC file use or at least problematic part of it? Then we will try to debug and test here in order to find the problem. Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delphian



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Unicode Problems With Japanese Text Reply with quote

I've found the reason why the question marks appear , it seems our importing program was placing the unicode header of $FFFE on each unicode word in the XML import.


We have removed it and it now works perfectly.


maybe on your XML import you should scan the text and if the first wide char = $FEFF then remove it.


Kind Regards

Delphian
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
isiticov
Site Admin


Joined: 21 Nov 2002
Posts: 2103

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, only first two bytes of the file must be #FEFF for Unicovde files.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
delphian



Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the its included in the first two bytes of the XML file ... not on each string



Delphian


we tested it at the office and it now imports properly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by p h p B B  © 2001, 2005 p h p B B  Group