string tables

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pablo04

string tables

Post by pablo04 »

Hello
I'm using c++ builder 6 and the latest version of siLang. I traslate string tables coded into rc files. Everything works fine unil my project is without dll with ciLang. Then always read resource language. What is wrong?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you mean that resource strings used in DLL are not translated?
pablo04

Post by pablo04 »

Everything is translated but when I change language propertis to other always display ResourceLanguage
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

No, I'm sorry. I've meant the following: when you retrieve resource string from DLL you always receive the original value not translation, right?
pablo04

Post by pablo04 »

The problem is only when siLang component is BOTH: in application and outside dll. Then, when I retrive resource
string from Application I always receive the original value not translation. When I use application without
dll everything works. I have got tranlate resource strings from application. I use the function as follows:
extern Package AnsiString __fastcall LoadStr2(int Ident)
{
ResStringRec ResRec;
ResRec.module = (long*)&HInstance;
ResRec.ident = Ident;
return (LoadResString(&ResRec));
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Does TsiLang used in DLL have HandleResourceStrings property set to True? Be sure that only TsiLang in main application has this set to True.
pablo04

Post by pablo04 »

Unfortunately only main application has this value set to true and still doesn't work
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please create sample projects and send them to us? Then we will be able to investigate the situation detaily.
Thanks.