SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SIL-File problem: too many languages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: SIL-File problem: too many languages Reply with quote

When I use the TsiLang Wizzard to create an SIL-File for external translation I run nto the following problem: The TsiLang Files Editor shows a cuple of "to many languages" errors. A close look at the generated SIL-File shows, that the [collections] section is not OK:

[Collections]
TfrmMainPersonal.cbar_Records.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbar_Tree.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbarMain1.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.cbarMain2.Bands-0+.Text=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.FieldName=Ampel~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.ImeName=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.PickList=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-0+.Title.Caption=Indicator~!@#$Ampel~!@#$Indicator~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.FieldName=Memo~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.ImeName=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns-1+.PickList=~!@#$~!@#$~!@#$
:
:
As you can see, the nr of languages changes from 3 (is OK) to 4 (is NOK) occasionaly.
From inside the delphi IDE everything works fine. What can I do to generate correct SIL Files? My TsiLang is Build : 5.3.1.1)
Peter
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First at all: SIL shows warning not error about this. Smile
The casual extra languages don't interfere to the behavior and will be just skipped when loading into TsiLangs.
Next, you can open TfrmMainPersonal and check the amount of languages in TsiLang placed on it. Since it looks like it has 4 languages.
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I see that the warnings can be ignored - but on the other hand there must be something wrong. Sad
There are only 3 languages definded at TfrmMainPersonal, and that is also what TsiLang shows. But as you can see, [Collections ] shows 3 languages up to row 4 then 4 languages at row 5, again 3 languages for rows 6 and 7, 4 languages for line 8 and 9 etc... Confusing Confused , at least for me (and the TsiLang Files Editor ...). Is that really the normal behaviour?
PMM
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree this is strange.
May be there is no more TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments or TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments.Columns at all? And SIL file was created when it was presented and TsiLang had 4 languages.
Peter Müller-Mannhardt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Too many languages Reply with quote

The TfrmMainPersonal.DBG_Attachments is allready present (it is a TjvDbGrid if that helps) and I can't remember if I ever had tried more than 3 languages. Any idea how to get rid of it?
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just open this file in SIL Editor (without adding extra languages), change anything and save.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: