Great product and some thoughts

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Horst Reichert

Great product and some thoughts

Post by Horst Reichert »

Firs of all I have to congratulate the siLang developers for giving a great product to us. I was able to internationalize one of my projects (http://www.rt-science.com/rt-plot.html) within one week. During this work some possible Improvements came into my mind.

1) I would highly appreciate if in the Language editor the table rows could be multiple selected (with ctrl click or shift click) to mark multiple properties to be excluded from translation.

2) Is there a way to undo the removal of excluded properties?

3) On most of my forms I need to translate string constants which are needed in my code. The siLang Expert will place some extra lines to the code as:
Adding the “UpdateStrings” at the end of the TMyForm.siLang1ChangeLanguage(Sender: TObject)
This is in my opinion not optimal, because I have to add code to this procedure which is dependant on the updated strings (Updating Action menus, Ins/Overwrite display etc.). This code must be after the “UpdateStrings” statement.
If I need to add additional strings by the expert it will place an additional “UpdateStrings” at the end.
In my opinion the UpdateStrings should be called siLang internally by the calling procedure which calls the User Event. There is no need to change user code in a user event. If this is not possible by design, the “UpdateStrings” statement should be placed at the beginning of the ChangeLanguage event by the siLang Expert.

4) In one case in my code I used a
const array[1..MaxStr] of sting = (…);
for filling the hints of a dynamically created form. siLang can translate string constants, it can translate multiple lines as lists etc. but it is not able to detect string constant arrays. In the above case I had to convert the array to one string constant using line breaks as separators for the items. I had to write a procedure to extract the single items to fill the hints.

With kind regards

Horst Reichert
isiticov
Site Admin

Re: Great product and some thoughts

Post by isiticov »

Horst Reichert wrote: 1) I would highly appreciate if in the Language editor the table rows could be multiple selected (with ctrl click or shift click) to mark multiple properties to be excluded from translation.
Will try to improve
2) Is there a way to undo the removal of excluded properties?
No, at least not yet :)
3) ...
If I need to add additional strings by the expert it will place an additional “UpdateStrings” at the end.
In my opinion the UpdateStrings should be called siLang internally by the calling procedure which calls the User Event. There is no need to change user code in a user event. If this is not possible by design, the “UpdateStrings” statement should be placed at the beginning of the ChangeLanguage event by the siLang Expert.
Will try to improve. But I thought that it add it at the beginning :)

for filling the hints of a dynamically created form. siLang can translate string constants, it can translate multiple lines as lists etc. but it is not able to detect string constant arrays. In the above case I had to convert the array to one string constant using line breaks as separators for the items. I had to write a procedure to extract the single items to fill the hints.
http://www.tsilang.com/delphiglobalizat ... aq.html#11
Horst Reichert

Re: Great product and some thoughts

Post by Horst Reichert »

Dear Isiticov,
thanks for your answer...
It seems that every whish I have will soon be fulfilled :wink:
http://www.tsilang.com/delphiglobalizat ... aq.html#11[/quote]

I still prefer to handle one array or one string constant instead of inserting 30 constants to the code.

With kind regards

Horst