new user sil file error

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
corina

new user sil file error

Post by corina »

I've downloaded TsiLang for testing in order to internationalize a project on which I'm working. The project uses 4 languages, and has about 20 forms.

When I switch languages it doesn't change the language for the first form. The next forms are displayed in the right language, but the first form has always the same language.

I tried to see if there is a problem with the sil file and it gives about four "equal sign missing l!#" and 16 errors stating "Too many languages", but i have only 4 languages.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

It looks like either the first form's name was changed after creating the SIL file or you don't change the language of TsiLang placed on this form.
The errors about "Too many languages" shows that you have not "synchronized" language settings for all TsiLangs in your project. Forms in your project have different amount of languages defined.

It is recommended to use one TsiLangDispatcher per project and link all TsiLangXX components to this dispatcher. Then you will need just to configure language settings for this dispatcher and it will propage this to all linked TsiLang-s. Also when changing language you will change just language of dispatcher.

At http://www.sicomponents.com/download.html you can download User's Guide which will give you better overview as well as some tips and tricks.
corina

Post by corina »

Thank you for your quick answer.
It looks like the first form, a splash one, is shown before the application runs, so that's why the language changes doesn't affect it.

I used only one LangDispatcher in my project, but it looks like the "Too many languages" error are becoming more and more. When i double click the translation.sil file, it opens a window "SIL File Error" with error types "Equal type missing" and "Too many languages". Then, when the file opens, it shows me only the 4 languages i use. Yesterday there were less "Too many languages" errors. Is there a way i can fix the SIL file?

I would also want to know if there is any way to translate strings from header files. In the TsiLang Expert -> Translating Units without Form, i didn't find the header files.

Thanks
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

In order to translate the splash form you may add DataModule to the project and move the dispatcher there. Then you will be able to create DataModule before splash and your splash will read settings from dispatcher.

In order to fix SIL file just save the file under SIL Editor. if this doesn't help then Add soem dummy language and after that delete it and then save. This should normalize the language situation.

Unfortunately, there is impossible to translate strings in header files :(
The only way for this would be to leave declaration in headers and move initialization to some CPP (for example some DataModule creation) and then TsiLang Expert will handle this and translate.

Hope this helps.