Extended (XP) dialogs

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
RobinDB

Extended (XP) dialogs

Post by RobinDB »

I am finalizing our projects translation using tsicomponents and most of it works fine. After some exotic problems around runtime packages and sharing of forms and frames between them I finally got that figgered out and now its all working and connected to the same dispatching. Some problems remain and one of them are Extended Common File Open/Save dialogs (XP style with sidebar). Most captions get translated but hints and the sidebar hint/captions are not. The file-context menu isn't translated and although i can understand that it would be nice if default windows captions inside the menu (actions) were translated.

How to make sure i get all captions and hint translated of a common extended xp file open/save dialog?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The file context menu couldn't be translated at all, since it is explorer's menu not application's. The captions and hints of side-bar items are also system's related but could be translated using some hacking. But I would recommend to leave it as is because user will understand (for 100% sure) all such items in system language.
RobinDB

Post by RobinDB »

isiticov wrote:The file context menu couldn't be translated at all, since it is explorer's menu not application's. The captions and hints of side-bar items are also system's related but could be translated using some hacking. But I would recommend to leave it as is because user will understand (for 100% sure) all such items in system language.
Hi,
Thanks for the respons. Off course the context menu is not very important as is the sidebar. My main problem however are the hints of the buttons. At this moment the button "view" for example has "details" e.t.c. to control the view of the explorer shell object. The caption is "view" but on my "Dutch" OS the hint that is given is in Dutch ("Detail weergeven"). So at this moment the dialog is partly translated into Dutch and English which doesn't look very professional.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Please let me some time, in order to be able to find the hack for this, since it is not "on top of my mind" :)