SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions regarding SIB/SIL differences

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KenRandall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Questions regarding SIB/SIL differences Reply with quote

I am interested in purchasing TsiLang but would like to understand the following first:

1) What is the difference between SIB and SIL files apart from one being binary?
2) Why are they displayed differently in the SILEditor?
3) When I save the project from the expert as a SIB file, all forms are present. When I save it as a SIL file, they are not!
4) Using a Dispatcher how can I load a SIB file rather than a SIL file.

I am using a trial version of 5.3 I downloaded a while ago?

Thanks in advance.

Ken
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) As you stated, SIB file is binary and saving/loading data to/from it is dramatically faster than when using SIL, which actually is just INI file.
2) They are displayed differently because of 1) and because the tree demonstrates the actual structure of data storage. SIL file groups all properties by their type, e.g. all Captions, Hints and so on. SIB File groups by form/component and this is why they are displayed differently.
3) The very early release of version 5.3.0 contained the bug which saved only last form into SIL file. May be this is the affect of this. Please download latest released v5.3.1 which contains this fixed as well as many other improvements.
4) The same as SIL. Just either set FileName property to SIB file or use LoadAllFromFile(SIBFILENAME.SIB). Dispatcher will automatically detect which methods to use depending on file's extension.

Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: