SiComponents Home Page SiComponents Forums
Here you will be able to get help and share your experience

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with resource strings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Problems with resource strings Reply with quote

I´ve a specific unit for store resource strings (uResourceStrings.pas) wich has a form where a TSILang component is placed. I put a dispatcher aswell in another unit (uDispatcher).
All the traductions in my application are working well except by all the resource strings (none is working).
I ran the wizard (in the TSILangExpert) and imported the strings from the PE file. This worked fine, but when I ran the program, the problem is still there (no translation at all with resource strings).
I really don´t know what to do next... Sad

PS = I don´t want to use resource strings as Const...

For example:
// in xxx.pas
showmessage(MSG)

// in uResourceStrings

resourcestring
MSG = 'This is a message';

Sorry for my poor english...
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check the following:
1. You TsiLang which has resource strings stored has ResourceHandler property set to True.
2. Only ONE Exclamation TsiLang per project is responsible for translating resource strings.
3. Your form which holds this TsiLang is Exclamation auto-created or created manually before retrieving any resource string to display.

Hope this helps.
Nico

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnks isiticov... Very Happy But I checked all you said and nothing happens. Crying or Very sad

1) Was ok on my project (I assume that the property is "HandleResourceStrings")
2) Was ok on my project.
3) When you say "before retrieving any resource string to display", I don´t know wen thats happens... In other way, I´ve to retrieve manually the resourcestrings??

Again... Thanks a lot!
Nico

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the solution!
Like you said... only one form is the responsable of managging resource strings... Well, I´ve the property HandleResourceStrings set to true on ALL mi forms!!!! So I set this prop to true only in the form where I put my resourcestrings and WORKS! Very Happy

Thanks a lot!
isiticov
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SiComponents Forums Forum Index -> TsiLang Components Suite All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: