Dictionary Manager Error

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
LanceRasmussen

Dictionary Manager Error

Post by LanceRasmussen »

I just purchased the component set.

When I followed the Tutorial with the MDI app under Delphi 7, I get an error "an invalid character was found in text content." and then points to the line.

For example, translating English About... gave error.

While I can live with one item, the problem is that it stops the whole process and does not continue to the next item, which makes this really nice feature worthless.

suggestions?

Lance
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Could you please give us a bit more details about the error you've got? What are the steps to reproduce? At what step you've got it? And where error comes from: Delphi, Dictionary Manager or Translation Editor? At run-time or design-time?
LanceRasmussen

Steps to reproduce

Post by LanceRasmussen »

Delphi 7
I followed the tutorial pretty much.

1) File > New > Other > Projects > MDI Application
2) Placed TsiLang and TsiLangDispatcher on MainForm
3) Linked TsiLang to TsiLangDispatch
4) Placed TsiLangLinked on About and Childwin forms
5) Added MainForm to uses for About and Childwin forms
6) Linked TsiLangLinked for About and Childwin forms CommonContainer and LangDispatcher to the MainForm components
7) Added a Language pull down with English, Spanish, Italian, French and then grouped them, autochecked, radio and set English to Default
8) Added the event handler to set the appropriate language based on tag.
9) Changed the LangNames in the Dispatcher to reflect my Language choices.
10) Replaced the OpenDialog
11) Added SaveDialog
12) Replaced the hard coded strings of the Main Form with the TSIExport
13) Double-Clicked on TsiLang to bring up Translation Editor
14) Clicked Dictionary
15) Added Spanish and Italian to default Dictionary
16) Clicked Add All to Dictionary with English as base
17) In Dictionary Manager, chose to Translate Language
18) Source English/System English. and Target Spanish/System Spanish
19) After translating "Close", I recieved "An Invalid character was found in text content. Line:1. <?xml version="1.0" encouding="UTF-8"?><S when it looked like it was translating "Yes". I'm sure it has to do with the i in Sí

I'm in the IDE in design time.

Is there any other settings I need to accomodate those characters? International / Regional Windows settings an issue? We're in US, so we're using default US Windows installations.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you for your details. The origin of this error is that by unknown reason the online trnaslation service receives from remote translation service (BabelFish) either broken packet or incorrectly formatted data. We've fixed this by catching the error, and this will be available in next release.