problems with SIB-file

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Volker

problems with SIB-file

Post by Volker »

Hi!

I want my langDispatcher use a sib-file to get translation-information.
Now i have a sil-File, that contains all information of about 30 forms. Every form contains a TsiLangRTSE, that is linked to the dispatcher.
The forms are created just when they are requested, not when starting the application. This ends up in bad performance, because reading the sil file needs much time. So I like to change to sib-format.

To do that i only changed the filename of the dispatcher to the sib-file, which I have converted from the former used sil-file.
That didn-'t not work as I expected. I got an exception with something like 'index of list exceeds maximum'.

What do I have to do to load a sib-file correctly.
I'm using SiComponents 5.3.0 and delphi 4.

Thanks,
Volker
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Some notes and questions:
  • 1. I hope you have used SIL Editor to convert SIL file to SIB.
    2. Using TsiLangRTSE is correct only when you need to provide your end-user with ability to tranlsate(or edit translations) of your application during run-time using SIL Editor. In most cases it is correct to use one TsiLang(on one "main form) and many TsiLangLinked(on all others).
    3. FYI: There is available User's Guide for TsiLang Components Suite at our download page.
    4. May be your SIB file was converted incorrectly. Try to load all forms of your project from SIL file using TsiLang Expert and save project to SIB file. This will create SIB file with translations from SIL file and using the actual information.
Please let us know if this helps.
Volker

Post by Volker »

to 1: yes, I used Sil Editor for conversion
to 2: i have one form with TsiLangRTSE and all the other forms are inherited from this one, so all the other also have TsiLangRTSE. Maybe I should change TsiLangRTSE to TsiLang. Is it faster?
to 3: i have already downloaded the users guide and thought that using sib or sil is just alternative
to 4: ok., i'll retry conversion fromTsiLang Expert

But am I right, that I only have to change the filename and it should work as well with sib-files, or do I have to do some extra work?

Volker
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Volker wrote:But am I right, that I only have to change the filename and it should work as well with sib-files, or do I have to do some extra work?
Yes, you can change the FileName property is TsiLangDispatcher and this should work.
Volker

Post by Volker »

After a new conversion from TsiLangExpert it still doesn't work.

It is strange that TsiLAng Expert show only a few forms with the correct number of languages and the most of them with only 1 language.

Changing this in TsiLang Expert doesn't have any results.

Is it possible, that sib-file is to big or to has to many forms. There are 29 in one sib-file.
What can i do?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

The "1" shown as language count because you've used inherited forms.
The size of SIB files doesn't matter.
Please try to set IsInheritedOwner to True for all TsiLangs on inherited forms.
Volker

Post by Volker »

I could change the number of languages manually in TsiLang Expert when the forms where open. Now if I restart the TsiLang Expert they are all set to 3.

the property isInheritedOwner was already set to True.

I think there is some list index out of bounds because of EListError ocurring when starting the app. (maybe languages)
Volker

Post by Volker »

it works fine with sil-file, but slowly.
changing dispatcher.fileName results in error.
Volker

Post by Volker »

my nerving questions will end now. It works!

Now I deleted the filename in the objectinspector of the TsiLangRTSE and set langDispatcher.filename := 'trans.sib'; in OnCreate-Event of the enclosing DataModul and it works fine and really faster then with the sil-file.

I have no explanation for that behaviour. Is it a bug?

Thank you for your quick answers,

Volker
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Glad to see that it works for you now. :)