Setting Font/Charset

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Srikumar

Setting Font/Charset

Post by Srikumar »

Hi,

I am evaluating TsiLang component suite. I have used the Translation editor to write some translations for thai language. In the application the translated strings does not seem to be shown in the correct font for menus etc. The labels etc show them in the proper font.

In the translation editor itself all translations show up in the proper font. I have selected Thai Charset for all components in the charset tab of the translation editor.

Any ideas ?

TIA
SK
Haron

Post by Haron »

Let's think together...
1. What menu component do you use ?
2. Are you sure menu not excluded from translation ?
3. What about TAction usage - does it help ?
4. Maybe some tricks used for menu creation ?
Srikumar

Post by Srikumar »

Hi,

1) The Menu component is a custom menu but nothing fancy.

Actually even the Application caption does not show the translation in the proper font. So it has nothing to do with the component.

2) I have not excluded the menus' from translation (BTW how do u do that). And the text is getting translated but not showing up properly.

3) I dont get what you mean by TActiona usage.

TIA
Haron

Post by Haron »

Well, some of your words sounds very strange.

> "I have selected Thai Charset for all components in the charset tab of the translation editor."

As I think, there are must be only one component - form class. You should set CharSet and Font for it. What another components do you see there ?!

> "The Menu component is a custom menu but nothing fancy"

Hey, try standard menu first ! Do you think Igor is magician (ok, he is...) and can support all custom components ?!

> "Actually even the Application caption does not show the translation in the proper font"

What is Application caption ? :) Text on taskbar button ? Caption of main window ?

> "I dont get what you mean by TActiona usage"

Standard technique: drop TActionList to form, create Actions (set Caption, picture index, state, Enabled, Visible etc.), then assign them to visual controls, instead of direct usage of TMenuItem, TButton etc.
Srikumar

Post by Srikumar »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I see some Report Builder & label components other than the form class.I think I can ignore the others ...but I have set the Thai charset for the Form class.

I mean the caption of the application main window does not show the correct font.

What I want to do is take an existing application with some custom components / third party controls and try to figure out whether TsiLang is suitable for us. I can try the standard menu and some demo applications but I am trying to evaluate what all we will need to change if we use TsiLang suite.Obviously it seems to be quite good using delphi standard controls etc.

Maybe I just do not know how to use the component correctlly yet.

TIA
Haron

Post by Haron »

> "I see some Report Builder & label components other than the form class.I think I can ignore the others ..."

Ok, that labels ParentFont = False... Not important for us.

> but I have set the Thai charset for the Form class.

That's right.

> I mean the caption of the application main window does not show the correct font.

Did you set Font for Form class too ?

> What I want to do is take an existing application with some custom components / third party controls and try to figure out whether TsiLang is suitable for us.

Absolutely ! Since ExtendedTranslations implemented - it's difficult to say what CAN'T be translated using SILang. Not perfect interface, of course, but kind of Object Inspector, where you can specify translated values for ANY published properties.

So, as I understand problem is not in SILang, but improper use. Huh :) Just for "fun": try with standard menu first.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »