Renamed resource keeps reverting

All announcements, questions and issues related to the Resource Builder
PsychoMark

Renamed resource keeps reverting

Post by PsychoMark »

Hi,

I just downloaded the Resource Builder 2.1 trial. Coming from Resource Workshop, it's working a lot better :).

Encountered one quite annoying bug though. I created a Dialog resource, renamed it from the default DIALOG_0, but every time I edit something on the dialog and save it, it reverts to DIALOG_0... I'm assuming this is not by design for the trial version :)

- Mark
2B or not 2B, that is FF!
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Did you rename it using menu "Resource|Rename"? Or directly in resource tree? In case you renamed it using resource tree then please use the command from menu since there is small bug when renaming from tree. This will be fixed in forthcoming update.
PsychoMark

Post by PsychoMark »

I used the tree's context menu, not the inline edit. Using Resource->Rename has the same result, whenever I change a property and save it it reverts to DIALOG_0...
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

It is strange but we're unable to reproduce such bug on our side. Do you use version 2.1.0.3 from our site? Could you please provide step-by-step description of your actions to reproduce such bug?
Thanks.
PsychoMark

Post by PsychoMark »

Using version 2.1.0.3 downloaded from your site today on Windows 2000 Pro. I open RB, right-click on Dialog and select Add. The new dialog is shown, and I rename it using right-click -> Rename on the DIALOG_0 in the treeview. I add a Label to the dialog and save it to a file. At that point the name is reverted back. It keeps doing this, tried saving after renaming it; the output file does show the correct name but change a property and it goes back again...

I can reproduce this every time, though I have not tried it on my XP machine yet. If I can help in any other way, just let me know...
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Thank you very much. There is bug and I was able to reproduce it. Will be fixed in next update. As workaround it could be used meantime to rename dialog when its editor is not active. So just close dialog editor and after that rename the dialog.
Thank you again.
Last edited by isiticov on Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
PsychoMark

Post by PsychoMark »

Good to hear, and thanks for the workaround...

- Mark