What to do with a translated .sil file?

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
pls

What to do with a translated .sil file?

Post by pls »

I saved all strings from my CBuilder6 project to a .sil file and had it translated. Now I'm wondering what to do with the sil file.

I opened CBuilder, went into the TsiLang expert, and tried both "Load project" and "Merge Project" and selecting the translated .sil file. Neither of these put the translations into the language expert.

I tried cutting the translations from the original Word document and pasting them into the Expert, but the don't appear in Greek. Yes, I have selected a font that has Greek and the charset is set to Greek.

What might be wrong?

Thanks,
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you able to open SIL file in SIL Editor and see all its content correctly? It looks like something wrong with SIL file.
Please check that its format is correct. There should be the sections as in INI files: [Captions], [Hints] and so on. Each section should list components for each form: TForm1.Label1, TForm1.Label2 and so on.
pls

Post by pls »

Yes, I can open the file in the editor and it looks fine.

I did notice one thing. If I enter translations in the Expert in the BCB IDE, they go away after I load the .sil file, but the translations from the sil fle are not put in place.

I've looked at the .sil file and it seems fine. The entries that were translated have the format
TConfig.Label1=[English text][delimiter string][Greek text]
I'm not used to looking at this file so I may be missing something.

Would you mind looking at it? Contact me at the address in my profile and I'll send you whatever pieces of the project you need.

Thanks,
++PLS
pls

Post by pls »

By the way, any idea why cut from Word and paste into the tsiLand Expert doesn't work? The pasted string is mostly question marks.

++PLS