BUGREPORT? comboboxes loose their item index

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
grumbler

BUGREPORT? comboboxes loose their item index

Post by grumbler »

after changing activelanguage some translated comboboxes loose their item index (-1)
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

May be this is not TComboBox descendants but some other 3rd party combobox components? Because TsiLang explicity saves/restores TComboBox and its descendants ItemIndex during translating.
grumbler

Post by grumbler »

it's tflatcombobox
TFlatComboBox = class(TCustomComboBox)

m/b it will be better to check cast with TCustomComboBox, nor with TComboBox?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Will be fixed.
pieter_schollaert

Post by pieter_schollaert »

Hello,

We are experiencing the same problem with the TcxCombobox of DevExpress. Is this issue related to the TFlatComboBox problem above ? And has this issue been solved for the TFlatComboBox as promised ?

Regards,

Pieter
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

All TCustomComboBox descendants handled. It looks like TcxCombobox is not a descendant of TCustomCombobox. We will to fix this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
delphi@tomsoft.hr

Post by delphi@tomsoft.hr »

isiticov wrote:All TCustomComboBox descendants handled. It looks like TcxCombobox is not a descendant of TCustomCombobox. We will to fix this.
Is this fixed? It doesnt work for us in DelphiXE.
Is there a workaround for this problem ?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Do you mean it doesn't work for some DevEx combobox? For regular combobox it works 100%. As a workaround you can always store ItemIndex before switching language and set it back after.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
delphi@tomsoft.hr

Post by delphi@tomsoft.hr »

It doesnt work for DevEx combobox.
Problem is not on one form and one combo, but multiple forms and combos.
I guess it could be done, but maybe better place to fix it is at translation level.
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

We will try to find a fix for this.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
StefanP

Post by StefanP »

Any news on this one? Any workaround?

I'm seeing the same problem for all cxComboBoxes with property DropDownListStyle=IsFixedList

It seems TsiLang sets the Text property of the cxComboBox to the new language. Then the cxComboBox searches this value within its Items, doesn't find it and as a result sets ItemIndex to -1 because IsFixedList doesn't allow values not contained in the Items list.

Regards
StefanP
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

If this is the case then as a solution could be just to exclude cxComboBox.Text property from translation (as it could be included automatically) and it will be translated by translating Items property content.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
StefanP

Post by StefanP »

Excluding cxComboBox.Text does not help.
As there are OnChange events defined the whole picture gets a bit complicated. I'll run further tests when I find the time...

For now I have changed language switching from immediate switching to "Switch at next program start". That is sufficient for my users and works around the problems.

Thanks
StefanP
Stefan