Saving sil files from TsiLang Expert

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Logan Moodley

Saving sil files from TsiLang Expert

Post by Logan Moodley »

Delph5, TsiLang524

Hi

I have in the past (using TsiLang version 5.1) successfully managed to isolate the sil file structure i.e save various collections of Form Properties to different sil files, this now does not seem to work.
I needed to isolate files common to multiple Delphi Projects and the ones specific to the application I had loaded in the IDE at the time. This approach allowed me to have a Common Translation sil file and one for each of my applications - this way I could have one Common file to load from and an application specific file to load from during runtime.
This I achieved by selecting (say) the common files only and then using the main menu i.e
FILE | SAVE/LOAD TRANSLATIONS | SAVE Form(s) Properties.

I followed the same procedure for units specific to my application.

With the newer version of TsiLang, this procedure doesn't produce a sil file. does nothing actually. The only way I can save properties of multiple units is to save the entire project - which doesn't necessarily make merging with previously generated sil files (those generated using v5.1) a simple procedure.

I hope I was able to describe my problem accurately enough.
Please help.

Thanks
Logan
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Are you sure using latest version of TsiLang Components Suite?
Logan Moodley

Post by Logan Moodley »

Hi again,

As I stated at the top of my intial post I was using Delphi5 and version 5.2.4 of TsiLang - I have subsequently updated the version with 5.2.5 of the TsiLang component suite and its works fine. Thanks alot.

There is one other problem though, nothing too major ; The TsiLang Sil Editor (version 2.9.3.532) - one is not able to expand the first column (string ID) when working with sil files. Some of the translators wish to work with sils rather than sibs and think that this would be great to have. As I said though - nothing too major.

Otherwise and excellent component suite. Congrats and thanks for the speedy responses.

Regards,
Logan Moodley