The problem with working with the partition Collections

All announcements, questions and issues related to the TsiLang Components Suite.
Stalker4

The problem with working with the partition Collections

Post by Stalker4 »

Hi,

TsiLang 7.4.0 (7.5.0) , Delphi 7.1

There is a DBGrid with three columns.

In the "Translation Editor - Collections" columns of the grid are displayed as follows:

In the collection editor for DBGrid I swap columns "Column1 L1" and "Column2 L1".

After that, I reopen "Translation Editor - Collections"
And I see that for the language "Language N1" the values have changed, but for "Language N2" has not changed.

How to fix this problem ?

P.S. And the same problem with any collections (not only with a collection of columns).
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Hello,

Unfortunately it is impossible to track such changes in collections as collection items are not "unique" like other objects and they're arranged just by their sequential order in collection.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.
Stalker4

Post by Stalker4 »

Hello,

Do I understand correctly that if the elements of a collection can change places (change their Index), then such collections should be stored not in the "Collections" section, but in the "Strings" section ?
isiticov
Site Admin

Post by isiticov »

Yes, you can use Strings property and OnChangeLanguage event for translating such kind of collection items, just be sure you can properly identify every collection item.
Best regards,
Igor Siticov.